Monday, October 6, 2014

7 reasons to read CRY WOLF this month

It’s finally October — my favorite month because I love the cooler weather, changing of season, orange and red leaves, pumpkins, Halloween decorations, ghost stories and scary movies! I figured, what better way to celebrate than giving you reasons to read my books this month! I know. I know. Just go with it.

This week I plan to give you reasons to read each of my books in October, and I’m starting by going back to my debut novel, CRY WOLF. Haven’t heard of it? Well you should have! It’s a great book to read in October, and here’s why…



No. 1. It’s set around Halloween! That’s right. Halloween actually plays a pretty big role, as it’s the reason the editor of the book’s heroine, reporter Andrea Lockhart, sends her to a sleepy South Carolina town to investigate bizarre sightings of a werewolf-like creature.


No. 2. Andrea is just as skeptical of the topic as you probably are right now. And Andrea can bring the snark, especially because she absolutely doesn’t want to cover a story about a supposed werewolf — because she doesn’t believe werewolves exist either. And funny, bizarre things happen to her as soon as she sets foot in the town, including running into her college nemesis, Sean Hunter, who is the editor of the local newspaper in this sleepy little town.



No. 3. Sean is sexy, and he refuses to leave Andrea alone during her investigation, which leads to…


No. 4. A total Lois-Clark dynamic that happens between the two of them as they reluctantly team up to determine what people keep seeing. There is attraction that they fight, but because this book is romance, you and I both know they can’t fight it for long.



No. 5. There are funnies. Bizarre things keep happening to Andrea that will probably make you laugh, along with her reaction to them (I hope). But there aren’t just funnies. Oh no.

No. 6. There is also suspense!


Actually, you won’t have nightmares forever (I hope), but I have been told the climax of the book gets a bit tense and puts readers on edge. So, you might actually feel like this a time or two, but nothing major. I hope.


And No. 7. You will find out what eyewitnesses have reported seeing. It looks something like this.


So there you have it. Seven reasons to read CRY WOLF if you haven’t already. It was my first book, so keep that in mind if you are an uber critical reader. I don’t know. I enjoyed the story, and I even enjoyed listening to the audiobook version of it too because Elizabeth Wiley does a great job on the narration.


Just sayin.’

But don't take my word for it. Here are some reviews from Amazon:

"It's a fun read, with a romance that feels rather realistic (including sexy bits, if you're at all concerned about that), and a kitten. How could it not be good when there's a rescued kitten? I don't think it's possible." ✯✯✯✯

"I really enjoyed the different take on the werewolf myth. The story kept me guessing right up until the end and I loved the characters."  ✯✯✯✯

"I had a great time reading this. The small town setting was perfect for the mysterious werewolf sightings. It was fun following Andi and Sean on their investigation and meeting all of the quirky townspeople. And the story definitely keeps you guessing right up to the very end." ✯✯✯✯ 

***


Andrea Lockhart's job as a reporter for cheesy tabloid The Naked Truth isn't exactly where she thought her journalism career would end up. She's determined to make the best of it, but when her editor sends her to Woodbine, South Carolina, to investigate a werewolf sighting, Andrea decides the ridiculous assignment will be her last. Until she meets Sean Hunter.

The last time she saw Sean, he had just beat her out for the position of editor of their college newspaper, and told her she'd never make it as a reporter. Given his grand ambitions, she's shocked to find him editing the Woodbine Weekly. Once they start competing for leads on the werewolf, Andrea becomes determined to break the story first—she can't let Sean beat her again.

As they each get closer to finding the source of the rumors, the only thing more surprising than the truth are the feelings Sean is able to stir in her, feelings she thought she had left behind...

WHERE TO BUY:
Amazon | Audible | Barnes & Noble | Carina Press | iBooks | Kobo

WATCH THE BOOK TRAILER

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...