Monday, August 15, 2011

Oh, the things I will do for a Kindle

I probably shouldn’t admit this, being that I’m soon-to-be-published by Carina Press and all (you know, Harlequin’s digital imprint), but I…don’t…have…an…e-reader.

Yes, it’s true. No Kindle. No Nook. Nothing but my laptop and a passing knowledge of how to download e-books in PDF format.

It’s not that I don’t want an e-reader. I do. I really, really do. I just haven’t been able to afford one, what with the economy and trying not to sink further into debt and all. I’ve been saving up, and one way or another, I WILL have an e-reader by Oct. 31 — the day my book releases at Carina. But I’m hoping a little bit of luck and an adorable dog named Valentino will help me get one without having to dish out the extra dough.

A couple of weeks ago, I was thinking about the many authors I love to read, and especially any romance authors who’ve influenced me through the years. I wandered over to Maggie Shayne’s website because I devoured her “Wings in the Night” books in college and continue to read them when I can find time. Aside from her vampire series, I love everything she’s done. If I see a book with her name on it, I buy it because I know I won’t be let down for a good, quick read.

As the fates would have it, Ms. Shayne is currently running a contest on her website. The grand prize is an e-reader and complete set of her vampire series in e-book form!

To win, you have to submit a video explaining why you love the series or a character or anything else you want to say about it. Hmmm. I hate being on camera. I hate having my voice on camera. And I’m a complete numskull when it comes to this kind of thing.

Did I let that stop me?

Of course not. I did it anyway.

My video is pretty silly, but I will say I had a lot of fun making it! Kudos to my best friend’s dog, Valentino, who turned out to be quite the little lead actor and a much better one than I am!

Now comes the REALLY hard part — getting enough votes to win the grand prize.

Maggie’s website explains:

Viewers will be able to view all of the videos at Maggie’s YouTube page at http://www.youtube.com/user/maggieshayne?feature=mhee



Vote for your favorite by e-mailing the title of the video and the user name of the creator to VampireVideos@authorslifesaver.com. One vote allowed per e-mail address.

So now, it would be really great if you would go to my video, watch it, and if you like it, e-mail your vote in as instructed above. And I won’t be offended if you vote for any of the others. They’re all really good!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...