Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Dragoncon, here I come...

Steampunk is always a popular cosplay at Dragoncon.


I've always wanted to cosplay as Rogue! Maybe someday...
In two days I will be headed to Atlanta for my annual journey to Dragoncon, but this year will be different. For one, I'm staying multiple days rather than driving in for one day only; two, I'm staying in a host hotel (don't even ask how I pulled this off); and three, I'm not going alone. My niece Brittney and her boyfriend are meeting me there. Considering I've never met the boyfriend, it will be interesting for sure. I'll have to try very hard to rope in my geekiness so I don't totally embarrass the girl. At least I'm not cosplaying, because I'm sure she would die if she had to introduce him to her Aunt Angie dressed as Wonder Woman or Supergirl. I'm tempted to do it, just for humor's sake, but...not enough time, money, or dieting to pull it off at this point. Heh.

I've been looking forward to this trip all year, but I've had so much insanity happening in my personal life these past few weeks, my enthusiasm has waned a little. My father has been experiencing serious health problems, we went through another round of layoffs at the day job, and Sunny, the dog who inspired Costello, has been really sick and needs surgery. All very stressful things. I have no doubt that once I get to Atlanta Thursday afternoon and start seeing zombies roaming the streets alongside Captain Americas and Stormtroopers, my mood will lift considerably.

Don't worry. I plan to live tweet and blog all about my geeky fangirl experiences again this year and I'm taking my new camera to capture tons of pictures of cosplayers and celebrities. Thursday can't get here fast enough...

In the meantime, you can read my previous year's adventures at Dragoncon here:



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...