Friday, March 28, 2014

Fun Friday Q&A with author Jane Lark

Jane Lark
Today I am hosting the very talented (and best-selling) author Jane Lark, who writes both historical romance and new adult for HarperImpulse. Jane's historical, The Illicit Love of a Courtesan, and her new adult title, I Found You, have both done very well on the charts and are terrific reads. I highly recommend them. Plus, I Found You is discounted this month at Amazon. Hint, hint.

 Jane agreed to be my latest Q&A victim guest, so without further ado, let's get started.

Angela: Welcome to my blog, Jane! Describe yourself in five words or less.

Jane: Crazy, fan of falling in love.

Angela: I love crazy people, especially since I am one. Are you a member of any fandoms (TV/film/books)? If so, which ones? 

Jane: My only real fanatical followings are for authors: Anya Seton, Gaelen Foley and Jay Crownover.

Angela: Oooh. I'll have to get to know them. Okay. Describe your ideal man or woman.

Jane: Dark haired, definitely. Muscular but not in a bulky way–athletic. Very masculine in nature and mannerisms. Has a strength in personality as well as physically. I want a man to be someone who I can lean on for support and he’s solid. Must have, nice eyes! Dark eyelashes, but either brown, blue or even hazel, will do for me, they just have to carry emotion in them and look at me like he’s crazy about me :D

Angela: Celebrity crush? 

Jane: Clint Eastwood was the man for me for years, but in recent years, I do have a very soft spot for Zac Efron.

Angela: I too have a soft spot for Zac Efron! I wonder if he likes cougars? Hmm. Anyway. You can invite five people to dinner, living or dead. Who would you invite?

Harriette Wilson
Jane: Well, Anya Seton, Gaelen and Jay are a given. Ooh, I could have Jane Austen too, if we are allowed ghosts, the more I learn about her, the more I discover how much she thought exactly like most writers do today, and drew on scenes and experience from her real life. I find her fascinating. Totally awed when I visit her family homes. I’ve posted all that stuff on Pinterest now too. Five people, who else?? Oh, of course, Harriette Wilson, the Regency courtesan who inspired my first historical novel The Illicit Love of a Courtesan, having recently discovered some of the stuff she didn’t put in her memoirs, I would so love to have a conversation with her. So now I just realized, I should have added Jane Austen, and Harriette to my fandoms… LOL

Angela: Those are all great picks, if I do say so myself. Thank you again for visiting with me, Jane.

Please learn more about Jane about her website, www.janelark.co.uk. And please do snatch up her latest book, I Found You.

Tomorrow is for regrets. Tonight is for being together. 
On a cold winter night, Rachel and Jason's lives collide on Manhattan Bridge. She's running from life, he's running toward it. But compassion urges him to help her. 
His offer of a place to stay leads to friendship and trouble. There's his fiancĂ©e back home in Oregon and a family who just don't trust this girl from the wrong side of the tracks. 
But when the connection between them is so electric, so right... everyone else must be wrong. And as the snow begins to settle on the Hudson, there's nothing but the possibility of what could be - of this, right here, right now. Them.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...