Friday, April 25, 2014

Fun Friday Q&A with author Samantha Birch!

Samantha Birch
You wouldn't happen to be getting married soon, would you? If you are, you can thank me later.

Today I'm happy to welcome to my blog author Samantha Birch, whose new book The High-Street Bride’s Guide, released yesterday to excellent reviews. A nonfiction guide for brides to be, the book is sure to be a best seller and can help brides navigate the sticky waters of wedding planning.

I invited Samantha to answer my questions, and she is so nice she agreed. Without further ado, let's get started!

Angela: Welcome to my blog, Samantha! Describe yourself in five words or less.

Samantha: Writer, worrier, hoper, tenacious, nerd.

Angela: Nerd, you say? The next question should be a good one (says the fellow nerd). Are you a member of any fandoms (TV/film/books)? If so, which ones?

Samantha: I was buy-it-the-day-it-comes-out into the Harry Potter books back in the day. Now I reserve the same level of commitment for Terry Pratchett’s Discworld.

Angela: Awesome! Describe your ideal man or woman.

Samantha: Dark hair, ruggedly handsome, broad chest, strong arms, manly hands, perfect ass, good sense of humour, creative, nerdy streak, accepts me for my bonkers self… Oh, wait, I just described my husband.

Angela:
Do you have a celebrity crush?

Samantha: Chris Piiiine. That’s how you have to pronounce his name because he’s too beautiful to say it without your knees buckling.

Angela: You can invite five people to dinner, living or dead. Who would you invite?

Samantha: Erm… You know I said I was a nerd? Well: Professor Brian Cox, because he knows everything about physics. Stephen Fry, because he knows everything about everything else. David Attenborough, because he’s a living legend (who knows about whales). Ross Noble, because I’d love to see him chatting away to David Attenborough (cue impressions of monkeys). Zooey Deschanel, because I need to make friends with her so I can borrow all of her clothes.

Angela: That sounds like it would be an awesome dinner party! Thanks, Samantha, for visiting.

Please visit Samantha's Facebook page to learn more about her and her book. And please do pick up a copy of her book, which you can learn more about below!

Brides-to-be, this one’s for you! 
You can say your vows in a catwalk gown so beautiful it reduces your mum to tears (and not because she paid for it). 
You can style a reception so stunning your guests won’t believe you didn’t hire an A-list planner. 
And you can sprinkle the day with personal touches that make everyone feel like you gave them special attention before they even got there. Without spending a house deposit on it. Honest. 
Samantha Birch has written for GLAMOUR, Brides, You & Your Wedding and Cosmopolitan Bride. She knows a thing or two about planning a wedding on a budget, how much you can expect to pay for everything and where to go to get it for less. And she’s put it all down here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...