Friday, February 14, 2014

Fun Friday Q&A with author Georgia Hill

First of all, Happy Valentine's Day! Today I'm very happy to have as my guest another new friend from the UK, the fabulous author Georgia Hill. Georgia has written a wonderful romantic series for Harper Impulse that revolves around the ballroom (mostly - wink wink). Her first novella in the series, Say It With Sequins: The Rumba, is now available, and I suggest you snatch it up, although I have to admit that, being an American, I've never seen an episode of Strictly Come Dancing, which I understand is one of the inspirations for it. I've seen Dancing With the Stars plenty though, and this book is better!

Now, let's get to know Georgia a little better ...

Angela: Describe yourself in 5 words or less.

Merlin
Georgia: Imaginative, humorous, overly-dramatic, loyal, worrier.

Angela: A writer who's overly-dramatic?! Surely not! Tell me: Are you a member of any fandoms (TV/film/books)? If so, which ones?

Georgia: I was a huge fan of the BBC TV series Merlin and belonged to the pro-boards dedicated to it for a while. The one I’ve belonged to longest is another pro-board: C19. It sprang up, in the beginning, as homage to actor Richard Armitage. Now it’s a place to discuss not only his work but also books, hobbies, food – anything! Some of us, who met in cyber-space, now get together in person regularly and I’ve made some lasting friendships from it! Not only that but it was the catalyst for my first attempts at writing fiction, so I owe a lot to it.

Angela: I keep hearing about Richard Armitage. (Note to self: Must. Learn. More). Describe your ideal man or woman.

Georgia: What a great question! I like tall men, usually dark-haired and pale-eyed but the most important qualities must be intelligence and humour. Also, he won’t get far with me unless he’s a dog-lover! A good voice and a practical streak is a must, too. I’m not into anything metro-sexual. Well, you did ask what my idea of a perfect man is!

Angela: Don't worry! You had me in total agreement at "tall" and "dog-lover." Celebrity crush?

Georgia: Oh dear, this changes all the time – I’m very fickle! For a long time it was Colin Firth, then Richard Armitage. Then I ‘went blonde’ and got into Bradley James, who starred as King Arthur in Merlin and is embarrassingly young; not proud of that one. Tom Mison is another (Sleepy Hollow) and I love Tom Riley (Da Vinci’s Demons) too. Not having access to the TV stations these two programmes appear on is very frustrating! Box sets, here I come.

Angela:
I only recently got BBC America, which is home to several shows I adore, so I understand exactly! Okay, last question. You can invite five people to dinner, living or dead. Who would you invite?

Georgia: Jane Austen – I’d like to know what makes her tick. Ricky Wilson – lead singer of Brit band The Kaiser Chiefs and currently appearing as a judge on the BBC’s talent show, The Voice; he seems such a good bloke (nice eyes too!). Miranda Hart, English actor and comedian, because she’s funny and bright and would be good company. Len Goodman, head judge from Strictly Come Dancing and Dancing with the Stars – having based a series of novellas on the show, I’d love to know the gossip! All-round genius Stephan Fry would complete the table. Think it would be quite a lively affair. Jane Austen might be a bit bemused though.

Angela: I'm totally sneaking into this dinner, by the way. Thank you, Georgia, for visiting with me today!

You can learn more about Georgia Hill at her website: www.georgiahill.co.uk. Please do check out her novella.

Slip on some dance shoes and step up to love!
Who Dares Dances is a reality TV show with a difference. Not only do contestants have to learn to dance, they also face a series of bizarre challenges.
Julia Cooper signs up in a bid to revive her flagging acting career. But when she meets dare-devil TV presenter Harri Morgan the attraction is instant – and hot!
Forced to perform a sexy rumba together, the sequins really start to fly. Will they score the perfect ten, or is their romance destined to be a dance disaster?
- See more at: http://www.harperimpulseromance.com/books/say-it-with-sequins#sthash.uzP1Hc1H.dpuf
Say It With Sequins: The Rumba

Slip on some dance shoes and step up to love!

Who Dares Dances is a reality TV show with a difference. Not only do contestants have to learn to dance, they also face a series of bizarre challenges.

Julia Cooper signs up in a bid to revive her flagging acting career. But when she meets dare-devil TV presenter Harri Morgan the attraction is instant – and hot!

Forced to perform a sexy rumba together, the sequins really start to fly. Will they score the perfect ten, or is their romance destined to be a dance disaster?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...